Hjälp med val av turbo, kommer denna passa till motorn?

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
limpan200
Ganska mycket laddtryck

Hjälp med val av turbo, kommer denna passa till motorn?

Inlägg av limpan200 »

Hej, jag håller på att bygga drifting bil och ska stoppa i en volvo t6 motor i min redan ganska ombyggda Nissan 200sx.

Nu har jag kommit till val av turbo och här behöver jag lite hjälp då jag inte är så insatt i vilka induser mm och AR som passar till min motor storlek och effeckt mål.

Jag har iaf bestämt mig för att köra med BW aggregat (borgwarner) då min förra motor var utrustad med ett sånt och jag var mycket nöjd med funktion och pris. JAg kommer att bygga ett pulsplittat grenrör för bästa funktion.
Jag köpte det förra agget (s251) från ett företag i USA som heter "disel-plus" och är jätte nöjd med deras service så det lutar åt att jag kommer att välja dom igen. Har mailat och frågat vilket agregat de rekomenderar och fått lite svar som jag vill att ni ska ta ställning till om ni tror kan fungera.

Motorn i fråga är altså en b6284t (s80 T6) 2,8liter, efeckt målet ligger runt 550 hk på veven (vill iaf att turbon ska kunna leverera till ungefär det). Dock har jag skrivit att jag värdesätter en snabbspolad och mer responsiv motor mera än en med hög toppeffeckt så jag kan tumma lite på effeckt målet.

Detta är några svar jag fått från honnnom(3 olika alternativ):
"With regard to your request:
Based on engine size and power requirements, I can recommend the 74/65mm turbine structure, for maximum turbine flow, while still retaining good response. We can offer turbine housings in T3, twin-scroll design, in .60/.70/.80 A/R, with cast-in 3.62" v-flange (same as GT30-37).
I can also offer the .76 and .85 A/R, in 'six-bolt' turbine discharge, but it sounds like the v-flange is the way to go for you.
For the compressor, I can offer either the 59mm or latest-generation 62mm 'B2' series compressor, and both are available in a very compact housing, equipped with MWE/recirculation groove. The 59mm wheel has a maximum flow of 65lb/minute, and the 62 is at 72lb/minute. This compressor cover has a 4.0" 'hose-type' inlet connection, and a 2.0" 'hose-type' outlet connection. Regardless of A/R or compressor wheel choice, your cost for the turbocharger would not exceed US$1200.00.
The corresponding v-flange and clamp would be US$75.00. Oil inlet and outlet fittings and flanges are 'standard', just like your other unit. The turbine inlet flange, for manifold fabrication, is readily available.

Another, slightly less expensive alternative would be as follows: I can offer an 'S200SX' unit, very similar in design to the unit you used for your Nissan, with a slightly larger, 71/60mm turbine structure, which would be a bit more responsive, and still offer very good flow. This unit can also be offered with the same .60/.70/.80 A/R housings, with the cast-in 3.62" v-flange. I cannot offer the .76 and .85 A/R, 'six-bolt' housings for this turbine family, but I suspect that's not an issue for you. This unit can be built with the very popular 56mm compressor, and is available in a very compact housing, NOT equipped with MWE/recirculation groove. The 56mm wheel has a maximum flow of 60 lb/minute. Regardless of A/R choice, your cost for this turbocharger would not exceed US$950.00, and the corresponding accessories would be identical to those of the larger unit described above.

An even less expensive alternative would be the 'box' unit offered in the AirWerks family, part number 177268, with a turbine housing re-fit to either the .83/1.09/1.15, or 1.22 A/R housings. These units use 'T4' style, twin-flow turbine housings and 4.21" full-Marmon cast-in v-flange discharges. Corresponding flange adaptors and clamps are readily available. Regardless of A/R choice, your cost for this turbocharger would not exceed US$700.00, and the corresponding accessories would be similar in price to the units described above. Any of these choices would be very similar in physical size to the unit we provided for your Nissan, but with much higher flow rates. The two larger units are also available with a larger, higher-flow compressor cover, but in the horsepower range you describe, neither the larger size, nor the difference in flow would likely be useful. In the case of the 'T3' flanged turbine housings, obviously, these would be slightly more compact than the 'T4' flanged housings, but it's not by a large factor."

Med denna informationen så kände jag att det bästa alterntivet för mig lutade åt mellan varianten (s200sx) då den funkat så bra på min tidigare motor. men jag bad om mera information om den som ni kan ta ställning till han svarade:
"For your horsepower range, I think the correct decision is the S200SX as well. Cost is a bit easier to control, and I don’t think the presence, or lack of, the MWE design will create a big issue for you. These compressors are rather forgiving.

The specifications for this unit:

Compressor: 76.2mm/55.8mm, with .47 A/R, 3.0” hose inlet, 2.0” hose outlet

Turbine: 69.6mm/61.5mm, with your choice of .60/.70/.80 A/R (I would suggest the .70) turbine, using ‘T3’ twin-scroll turbine design, cast in High Silicon Moly alloy, with 3.62” half-Marmon v-flange (same as GT30/37).

The MWE design is a bit more critical on the larger wheels, mainly because of the fact that they tend to be oversized for many customers, and the need to prevent surge is more noticed in those cases."

Hoppas ni orkar läsa allt och ge mig bra svar nu så jag kan beställa detta agg med gått samvete. Är altså inte intresserad av tips på andra märken av aggregat lr nåt utan bara att jag kan få bekräftat att hans val av storlek på turbo värkar kunna stämma överäns med mina mål.