HELP - Volvo 740 Turbo Engine Transplant Info' Required!!!!!

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
Användarvisningsbild
Peter Moorcroft
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Peter Moorcroft »

First I'd like to say many thanks for the information! And I'd also like to say your english is pretty good don't be silly!

There is a scrap yard here in England in London, (it is about 4hours drive from me) and a few of the guys who work there are into there Volvo's and because they take them apart all day they know what htey are doing. So they were going to do the engine transplant for me, so it is a little easier because they were just going to swop the engines over from another car they had there, so it is easier for them because they will have bother cars there.

To4E turbo, which model is that from?

I'll ahve to see if I can get a B230FT from a 94 model 940, that way they will have all the bitz!

I've heard of people using the 850R blue injectors, are they a straight swop do you know?

What section do I need to post under do you think on the Turbo Performance Club site, sorry I can't really speak any Swedish. I see they have a English section but not sure if Swedish people who know there stuff will check my post out!

Many thanks again!!!
Användarvisningsbild
mattias
Admin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av mattias »

Peter: I think "Motor med tillhörande system" is the section you should post your questions into. Give it a shot.
Mattias Säfsten (fd Sandgren)
Säljer, installerar, mappar och justerar motor-styrsystem och tillbehör.
Återförsäljare för MaxxECU, Link, ECU Master, VEMS, m.fl.
Nav-dyno och motor-bänk i Sävar vid E4.
Säljer, flödestestar och tvättar bränsle-spridare.
Skicka mail, PM eller ring vid intresse. Innehar F-skatt. Jobbar mest i norr.
Da_Snake
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Da_Snake »

Hello again Peter.

If you have a complete "Donorcar" with the right injektion and gearbox the swap is even easyer.

The Garret T04E turbo is from smaller dieseltrucks.

If you get a B230FT from -94 or newer it's realy good because then the pistons is oilcooled to.

If you increase the injektorsize you need to increase the size of the AMM in % as much as you increase the size of the injektors or get someone to change the program in the ECU.

"Motor med tillhörande system" is the right section to post in as Mattias said.
Fredrik Ringhald
072-316 26 91
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Peter Moorcroft
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Hi,

Yeah I'll be lucky I'll get it from a donor car, all we will need to do is swop it all over, simple for the engine just a lot longer for the electrics.

Brilliant I'll make sure it is a B230FT from a 94- model, then is seems I'll have the best FT engine that was available.

Thanks for all the information guys you have been great!

I should be over to Vallakrra Traffen this year so maybe see you there!

Pete!
Da_Snake
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Da_Snake »

Looking forward to seeing your car with a turboengine at Vallåkra this summer.. :wink:
Fredrik Ringhald
072-316 26 91
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Peter Moorcroft
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Well I don't think I'll have the new engine by Vallakra now! :cry: Because it was going to cost me so much I ordered a new set of 19" rims instead, I can get them on 6 months interest free credit so I pay 6 monthly instalments and don't pay any extra for paying for them this way.

They are chromed so thought they would look cool for the summer with the sun. I'll probably get the engine towards the eng of the year now. Oh well, but your information won't be forgoten it was VERY helpful so thanks all once again!

Pete!
Skriv svar