Compound turbo system sizing 2JZ

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
DreRacing@
Forumsberoende

Re: Compound turbo system sizing 2JZ

Inlägg av DreRacing@ »

Pacman skrev:DreRacing: Jag ville veta hur nära, eller långt ifrån MBT jag låg. Det var inga som helst problem med knack och vi körde senare bilen på gatan med 1,5bar ladd utan problem med. Ingen bromsning på det dock.
får omformulera frågan lite då, varför backade du av 6 grader från MBT, och åkte inte på MBT?
Pacman
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Pacman »

För jag var för feg. Kunden var inte intresserad av en dynoqueen utan en fungerande skottsäker motor som han kunde plåga dagar i ända utan att den rasade. Jag la mig därför med marginal till MBT för att kunna känna mig trygg. Kunden kände inga problem att offra 30hk på toppen för att jag skulle kunna garantera att den höll hur han än körde den!
//Pacman
(Patrik Ståhl)
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

I know that single turbo is a different animal compared to compound.
I think that if his experiences with 2jz are that exhaust side is more restricting than inlet side he is going to recommend to improve the exhaust side at the same time when engine is dismantled to pieces.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Big Al: you said thar you have tried compound chargign...
What were the engine/turbo specs?
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:09 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

I were driven around in bmw 535 sport D that has the large/small turbo setup...
It made me want to try the compound on this engine. I love the instant boost of small turbo, but if you do 2jz (or om606) on for example volvo 244 in my mind this type setup demands some serious punch.
Big Al: you are correct, I have run many rödblock setups that have moderate high hp number but unusually there is a large sacrifice in mid/low with conventional single turbo setups. I'd love to get more usable rev range from my car...
Christofer
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Christofer »

Nu har jag inte orkat läsa tråden. Men av din fina paintbild så reagerade jag på wg placeringen. Du måste styra pr över Lp och Hp var för sig. Sen kan man dra referenserna lite hur man vill men enklast är att räkna på pr över stegen och styra totala laddtrycket med Lp-steget.

På bmw m30 motorn jag byggde under ett par år körde vi med max totalt pr på 5.2. Och hade en insugstemp under 50°C och ett otroligt brett register. Tyvärr var motorn för klen och det behövdes inte mycket miss för att toppen skulle ligga brevid eller vevaxel ligga kvar på backen.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Sounds wery intresting engine.
Do you have specs on the engine and pictures on the setup?

What do you think size of the turbos on my plan?
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:09 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Thanks AL
At first I thought that the moust important thing at least if owerall performance is conserned on the setup is the flow capacity of the 50mm wg + exhausthousing/turbine on the HP turbo, and secondly the size of the LP turbo compressor.

How about the boost control of the turbos?
There will(/can) be a problem with my wg setup on my picture. There can be uncontrollable high rpm on the HP turbo, at least if I will take the wastegate control pressure from the inlet. If there is control pressure comes "conventionally" from the inlet, atleast at above the 0.8bar the wg of the HP turbo is open constaintly, and nobody knows what is the rpm of the turbo at that time. System will maintain the max pressure that the other WG digtates.
EDIT Big Al you had solved the boost steering that would probably work

Christofer talked about combined pressure ratios of the turbos.
If I undestood correctly the controlling of the total boost pressure should be contolled with HP PressuReratio+LP pr. Not like I had planned to run it, with one wg controlling the lp ratio and other controlling the total boost.
Skriv svar