Compound turbo system sizing 2JZ

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Compound turbo system sizing 2JZ

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Du kan beswara på Svenska Jag förstår mycket bra, men det är jätte mycket lättäre att skriva i engelska...

I'm thinking of building compound turbo system for my next engine update.
I have 2JZ-GE that will be updated with oil squirters, gte oilpump, h-profiles, homemade large plenum inlet ect.

My original plan was to use supercharger and turbo setup, but I have gotten a interested on compound turbo setup.

I allready have gathered information on the sizing of the turbos.
Most often people on different forums indicate that the correct sizing is High Pressure turbo compressor radius X 0.707 is the high pressure turbo radius.
Haven't found much information on how the size of the exhaushousing is calculated.

There is companies that sell the kits for cummins diesels. As an example I will take diesel power source kits.

Bild

they offer dps62 (62in/65out/12cm) or hx35 sized turbos for the high pressure turbo. on their kits they have S475 (75in/96/1.32 ar) as the large turbo (low pressure)

I have allready BW S300g (59mm in/74mm out/ 1.0 T3 exhaushousing ar from s200), hx55 holset with 71mm billett compersor and 77mm turbine in 22cm exhaushousing.
Boost control I planned on using greddy 50mm style gates, from biltema... I know this can prove to be a large mistake, but my friend has had loads of good to experience with them past decade. You wouldn't easily belive but he has one of the fastest roadcars here.

To prevent getting high exhaustpressures, I'm planning to plum the hotside this way.
EXAMPLE 1
Bild

With this way there is less exhaustflow that will bybass the high pressure turbo, that has to go true the gate that is named "v60".
If you compare the example 1 setup to example setup, there all of the exhaustflow has to go througth the HP turbo exhaushousing and wg.

EXAMPLE 2
Bild

Cold side is going to be coupled without the check valve directly from LP turbo to HP turbo...

Does anyone have experience how fast the small s300 or hx40 with small exhausthousing will spool on the 2JZ?
Or the hx55?

I was wondering allso if the is the HP turbo still too big for this kind application? Would It be better to go hx35 or hx30?
Senast redigerad av Hempp2_ den sön nov 13, 2016 7:39 pm, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:08 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Re: Compound turbo system sizing 2JZ

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

I was going to put it where upper line goes.

I thought that it would decrease the total exhaustflow to prevent the exhaust backpressure getting too high. I was planning to use 0.8 bar spring on that WG and use the pressure limiter to raise the total boost to pressure to 1.6-2.2 bar
Just to change the solenoid to pressure relief valve.
This should keep the wg shut loger than just the spring pressure control.
Bild

The wg that controls the HP turbo should have 0.5 bar spring and same controlling style...

I don't think that it would be possible to use the charge cooler or conventional IC
But how about putting water/methanol spray system after LP turbo? This would lower the charge air before entering to the HP turbo.

I edited the picture to be just as I have thought the system would be.
Bild
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:08 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

I will give additional info from my setup.

FUEL E85
Motor är 2JZ-GE
Original head (upgraded springs if needed) -> max rpm around 7k
H-profile Rods
gte-oilpump
B230ft oil-water cooler
bmw oil squirters
GTE head gasget => kompression ratio 9.5-1
DIY inlet (still in developing stages)
1260ccmin injectors

s300g 59/74/1.0 T3 and cast compressor (Can try something with billett kompressor and T4 housing)
HX55 71/77/22cm T6/ Billett compressor

50mm biltema WG 2st

044 pump X1 + "044" kopia x2 (one original for driving around and two for the time when it is on boost)

Clutch: Homemade flywheel, sre 765, sinter lamell can take around 900nm

ZF gs6-53dz

Volvo 1031+truetrack

Cams/head will probably be the factor that will hinder the performance at the same time as the fuel injector capacity will run out, but then other components start to be on the upper limits of their durability.
I'm thinking to take this setup as far as it can easily go, and leave some safety zone...
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Pacman
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Pacman »

Läser på siffrorna du använt att du antingen utgått ifrån original 2JZ eller väldigt dåligt trimmade sådana.
Jag har byggt en sådan motor från grunden och den gav 533hk och 625Nm på 1,0bar, se bild.
Då ligger den ca 6gr ifrån MBT. Backade en grad för test och då tappade den 15hk. På MBT hade den gett ca 560hk istället men som motor till driftingbil skulle den plågas hårt och då har jag hellre säkerhetsmarginal.

Bild

Detta är en helsmidd motor med rejält portad topp och original ventiler och kammar. Med större ventiler och vassare kammar hade hela registret flyttats uppåt i varvtal och effekt!
//Pacman
(Patrik Ståhl)
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Pacman: what turbo you used?

I have undertood that toyota mapping is wery conservative.
Pacman
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Pacman »

Turbon vid detta tillfället var ett Turbobandit TB70-4, men motorn har senare mappats med en Precision turbo med liknande resultat.
Jag tycker mappningen var ganska straightforward. E85 förenklar mycket. Vid max effekt ca 20gr tändning.
//Pacman
(Patrik Ståhl)
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:09 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
DreRacing@
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av DreRacing@ »

Pacman skrev:Läser på siffrorna du använt att du antingen utgått ifrån original 2JZ eller väldigt dåligt trimmade sådana.
Jag har byggt en sådan motor från grunden och den gav 533hk och 625Nm på 1,0bar, se bild.
Då ligger den ca 6gr ifrån MBT. Backade en grad för test och då tappade den 15hk. På MBT hade den gett ca 560hk istället men som motor till driftingbil skulle den plågas hårt och då har jag hellre säkerhetsmarginal.
varför backa av (jo du har skrivit) men låg du nära knack-gränsen?
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

My friend told me to port the exhaust side if I use gte head. He has no experience with ge heads.
In he's opinion I should get allso the cams changed or welded/reground.
He has quite a lot experience in building turbos for race cars... often he has to change larger exhaust housings for supra guys to lower exhaust pressures.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Pacman: did you measure exhaust pressures/temps?
Pacman
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Pacman »

DreRacing: Jag ville veta hur nära, eller långt ifrån MBT jag låg. Det var inga som helst problem med knack och vi körde senare bilen på gatan med 1,5bar ladd utan problem med. Ingen bromsning på det dock.

Hempp2: Nej tyvärr mätte vi inte avgasmottryck men motorn upplevdes inte som att den hade problem med att andas heller. TB70-4 har ett stort T4-twinscroll avgashus och det matades genom ett av de finare Japanska grenrören (som fått stå som modell åt Kinesiska kopior).
Denna motorn byggde jag på en GE som stomme för de har överlägset bättre toppar samt vassare kammar original. Jag la väldigt mycket tid på portning. Avgassidan var ganska konventionell medan insugssidan var extremt tidskrävande då alla sex kanalerna är olika varandra.
Jag portade insuget med som var ett billigare Kina-insug med trattar i. Jag fick kapa upp plenumet och porta trattarna och kanalerna inifrån rejält för att få rätt balans i flödet. Sen svetsa ihop insuget igen.

Det finns flera bra eftermarknads-kamaxlar att köpa till 2JZ, både med och utan VVTi.
Denna motorn jag byggde var en gammal utan VVTi men skulle jag bygga en sådan igen hade jag utgått ifrån en nyare GE med VVTi.
//Pacman
(Patrik Ståhl)
Big Al
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Big Al »

-
Senast redigerad av Big Al den fre apr 02, 2021 1:09 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Skriv svar