cheva automat i volvo röd blockare (B20-B230)

Kopplingar, drivaxlar & växellådor
Användarvisningsbild
Falo
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Falo »

Tackar!
We have a long way to go and a short time to get there....
Bild
http://www.garaget.org/?car=40729
http://www.garaget.org/?car=40731
qwkswede
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

learning.

Inlägg av qwkswede »

I grabbed this picture from earlier in the thread.

Is the centering nose on this Chevy converter machined down to a smaller size to fit the Volvo crankshaft? Or is this just an adapter Peice. This looks like the simplest solution for a street/race car. Is there any problems with this simple approach?

Bild
-Ken Lanham
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
1988 Volvo 745
12.21@119
Blom
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Blom »

Use a Chevy Converter and flexplate without any modifications.
Then Fabricate a "adapter" (dont know the english word) between the flexplate and the crankshaft..

LarC posted a great picture of the "adapter" in page 3..
LarC

Inlägg av LarC »

My solution when you use a chevy flexplate might be the best when you have to try diffrent converters.
Its more work with an adpter but I think its worh it when you dont have to modify the converter.

But with "Lidenfors" flexplate/converter you can use the original volvo starter so its an advantage.

Converter choice is always an issue so a custom converter is likely the best.
qwkswede
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av qwkswede »

How do you use a Chevy starter on the Volvo block? This seems to be a complicated problem.
-Ken Lanham
1988 Volvo 745
12.21@119
LarC

Inlägg av LarC »

Iam trying to use a mini-starter for chevy. Will return with pics when Im closer to a solution. Some fits the starter att the passengers side but then you lose one threded hole fore the bellhousing. So Im trying to make an adpter so i can fit it at the same place as original.
qwkswede
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av qwkswede »

Hey guys,
Thanks for throwing some english in here. I have found a shop in the US that will take my Volvo torque converter and try to make a custom converterto bolt on to the Volvo flywheel, and use a GM transmission. This is my street driven Volvo 740. So I don't want too many exotic parts.
-Ken Lanham
1988 Volvo 745
12.21@119
LarC

Inlägg av LarC »

Great! I hope you can come back with a report on your progress and if you get it to work on a street driven car. In europe we are a bit afraid of automatics and see it little as a "black magic".
Are you going to order a kl adapter or weld an own bellhousing?
And youre setup for the gearbox would be great if you could present.

We are trying to spread as much knowledge as we can here on sävarturbo. :wink: :thumbright:
qwkswede
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Automatic Transmission Progress.

Inlägg av qwkswede »

Hi LarC
I have a KL racing adapter plate. And now I need to figure out the adapter for the torque converter. Today I brought home a GM 700r4 transmission. I will get a closer look at all the parts together in the coming weeks.

After some thinking, I really like the adapter that Jens posted on page 1. I would like to use standard chevy torque conveters so that I can change them easily to tune the performance. The chevy converter bolt circle is much larger than the Volvo one. So I will need something that will work with the GM 273mm bolt circle and then match to the Volvo flywheel on the other end, with about 220mm bolt circle

Jens, if you are reading can you provide some more information on the adapter in this picture?... I would like to copy this. Maybe an engineering drawing? Is this aluminum?

Bild

Thanks for the inspiration. I hope this transmission will push my Volvo station wagon down the 1/4 mile in 11seconds.
-Ken Lanham
1988 Volvo 745
12.21@119
qwkswede
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av qwkswede »

Rough draft of the proposed adapter plate. If there is a dimension shown, it is from an actual measurement. I fear posting rough drawings like this in fear that someone will just copy it. This is not finished, and basic clearances are not accounted for to make parts fit tight. Also, I don't know the thickness yet.

But this does show where the bolt holes should be for the Volvo and GM torque converters.

Bild
-Ken Lanham
1988 Volvo 745
12.21@119
loka
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av loka »

Vad har ni för axialspel (mellan turbin och låda) ? Har använt 4mm när jag måttade upp min adapter, är det ok?

Det gäller th400 mot en BMW m30 motor!

Bilder på adaptern! Har bara gjort en modell i Inventor än så länge!

Bild

Bild
Blom
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Blom »

1/8" till 3/16" i spel.
Men se till att centrum på convertern styr minst några mm in i flexplattan/vevaxeln och fortfarande har några mm som den kan röra sig på.

Convertern måste kunna röra sig in och ut några mm tillsammans med flexplattan.
Därför det kallas FLEXplate.
Om man inte använder sig av en flexplate så ökar risken att man trycker sönder axiallager i motorn.

Därför tycker inte jag det är nån bra idé att göra en tjock flexplate som inte kan flexa nått.
Ännu viktigare blir det om man skulle ha lite för högt tryck till oljekylaren.
Blom
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Blom »

Har för mig att Martin Lundkvist haft problem med att de sprack när dom inte kunde flexa som de skulle.
loka
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av loka »

Då blir 4mm fint

Adaptern hamnar mellan original flexplata och convertern, då kan den röra sig!

Vad ska man använda för material då? Vågar man göra den i alu?
Sen måste man även balansera den känns det som! Hur har ni andra gjort?
Användarvisningsbild
Jens Gustavsson
Sävar Turbo Racing
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Jens Gustavsson »

Blom142 skrev:Har för mig att Martin Lundkvist haft problem med att de sprack när dom inte kunde flexa som de skulle.
det va nå trix med spelen och så, mins inte hur de va men jag kan interjuva magnus söderlund som byggde den till sin pv.

jag ska försöka övertala han att rega sig igen men det blir svårt :hihi:
Skriv svar