722.6 automat efter B234 turbo

Kopplingar, drivaxlar & växellådor
HenrikGM
För mycket laddtryck
Kontakt:

722.6 automat efter B234 turbo

Inlägg av HenrikGM »

Will write this in English to make all understand what i mean. Feel free to write back in Swedish, or as you like.

Has been streetracing(legal strip, no/poor traction) my 245 turbo with B234 med 60mm garrett/scania bus turbo, @1,8bar for a while now. Im starting to get problems elsewhere.
Torque rods in the rearend is now getting oval ends, and the 420G getrag is starting to complain during shifts. The 763 pressureplate has had a few events of max torque slippage also, so im getting closer to the end of certain parts now.

Im thinking to do this:

Adapt the mercedes 722.6 5speed auto into the 245, using either megashift, or ofgear´s external controller.

I do have a problem though:
The converter.....what to choose there.
This will be my first real experience with power and converters.

I read that everything stands or falls with the right converter, but not many can say what you need.
I can quite easily find a 3000rpm stallspeed converter from e.g. these: http://www.2040-parts.com/mercedes-high ... -i1424545/ however i would expect that my stall would be a fair bit lower on my small low compression engine than the inline 6 diesel, or the V8´s that this transmission comes from.

I see turbobandit has some parts for this also, but have hard time finding some that are using their parts to share their experience.

I know i cant get traction for more than approx 0,4bars at launch with a manual clutch, so im thinking, i really dont need a 4000rpm stallspeed, but more something like 3500rpm or so.

Anyone in here that are running 722.6 behind redblocks?

If yes, what is their experience?
Användarvisningsbild
Kadett4wd
Forumsberoende

Re: 722.6 automat efter B234 turbo

Inlägg av Kadett4wd »

If you´re using an AMG 722.6 it is speced to above 1100Nm
///AMG
Att jag blir tyst i långvariga oeniga diskussioner beror OFTAST på att det inte är lönt diskutera längre, inte att ni hade rätt :D
Varning! Alexander Erik Sjöberg, skriven i Gävle, Väldigt frekvent bedragare!
Användarvisningsbild
Johan Lindberg
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Johan Lindberg »

I had thoughts about the gearbox in my car and emailed a bit with http://www.ofgear.dk
and transbrake wasn't possible he said if you are thinking about dragracing with it.
HenrikGM
För mycket laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av HenrikGM »

Discbrake on propshaft will do a cheapskate transbrake. Main issue right now, is i dont know enough about converters, but i really want to try and mod one myself.

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk
Skriv svar