American asking dumb questions - gs6-37 or gs6-53 or ZF?

Kopplingar, drivaxlar & växellådor
rvolvor
Lite mer laddtryck

American asking dumb questions - gs6-37 or gs6-53 or ZF?

Inlägg av rvolvor »

Hey guys, I know I am not asking questions here how you are usually used to it, but I am trying a setup in the US which nobody has really done before. I have a t6 engine mounted up in my 242, but I am trying to figure out which direction to take for a transmission.

The engine is a b6284t shortblock with stock pistons and some chinese h-beam rods in it and a B6304 head with PC cams installed. I have a borg warner efr8374 I am building a manifold for. Looking to make 500-600hp.

I am trying to figure out my options for transmission which would work best. I have been talking to Jonas at Bakaxel about getting a transmission or 2 shipped over to the US (a friend is also looking for one).

The car will see a good amount of street driving, some drift days, and probably the drag strip a few times.

Which gearbox would offer me the best "bang for the buck"?

I am looking at:
gs6-37 welded for a whiteblock - good price, not too large...but what kind of power can it hold?

gs6-53 also welded for whiteblock - a little more expensive, indestructable...but how well does it fit in a 240? is it worth the extra weight/size?

ZF 5 speed welded - cheapest option, seems to hold decent power in turbo E36s in the states...and I can get spares easily to replace broken parts if it happens

Nissan CD009 transmission with Collins adapter for an A340 (automatic 960) bellhousing - nobody has done this setup before, so I am unsure of how it would work. I am also unsure of clutch and flywheel stack height working. The gearbox is also quite large, so fitting in a 240 could be an issue.

Link to adapter:
http://collinsadapters.com/index.php/ad ... apter.html

R134/MA5/AR5 transmission with adapter to 960 automatic bellhousing - also untested, R154 transmissions are expensive...

Borg Warner T5 with adapter to 960 auto bellhousing - terrible transmission which I will break.

Are there any options I am missing? What do you guys think is my best option?
Jens.k
För mycket laddtryck

Re: American asking dumb questions - gs6-37 or gs6-53 or ZF?

Inlägg av Jens.k »

My guess is that the gs6-37dz will hold up for your power as long as the car is not too heavy. If you find an adapter plate that fits a zf gearbox you will be able to mount a gs6-37dz without having to weld a different bellhousing to the gearbox wich aslo makes if easier to replace if necessary.
Jens Karlsson
rvolvor
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av rvolvor »

The car should be around 2800 lbs (1300kg)...I was thinking it would hold up well as well.
Anders_Lindgren
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Anders_Lindgren »

Adapter plate for Chevy bellhouse https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/vo ... tomat.html

Richmond T10, Muncie M22 etc?
Skriv svar