3 sidedraft (HIF6) förgasare på B30-motorn

Dellorto, Weber, trycka eller suga?
Walrus3
För lite laddtryck

3 sidedraft (HIF6) förgasare på B30-motorn

Inlägg av Walrus3 »

(Jag skrev detta för en vecka sedan om ett annat svenskt forum och föreslogs att posta här eftersom mycket få av medlemmarna hade erfarenhet av förgasare.)

Jag skrev detta på engelska forumet och inte få ett svar. Så jag lägga ut den här med hjälp av Google Translate hoppas att någon kan ge mig några råd. Om du kan svara på engelska (eller spanska) det skulle vara lättare, men jag kan använda Google Translate för att ändra svenska till engelska.
Jag lade nyligen vantarna på en AQ165 marina insugningsrör som passar 3 sidedraft förgasare (Stromberg eller SU) till en B30 topplock. Jag har "provat på" med B30E / F dubbla avgasgrenrör och det bara rensar framför intaget slingan. Insugningsröret flänsar där bultarna är delade är ungefär 0,165 "/ 4,2 mm tunnare än avgasgrenröret flänsarna vid parning områden, så jag planerar att fräsa avgasgrenröret flänsar att matcha, vilket också kommer att föra avgasgrenrör närmare huvudet och öka avståndet mellan insugs-och avgasgrenrör. Jag planerar att använda SU HIF6 förgasare, som jag har en låda full.
Jag förstår att Dominik Benz av den tyska 164 Klub har 3 förgasare på sin 164 och att det fungerar bra men har inte kunnat få mycket mer info. Har någon av er gjort denna omvandling? Vilka är fallgroparna? BTW Jag planerar att använda ett B30F topplock ca 10:01 kompressionsförhållande med mild port rensningen, den dubbla B30F avgasrör och Isky VV71 gatan prestanda cam, också en 1975 B30 elektronisk tändning. Råd / förslag hjärtligt välkomna!
George Downs
Bartlesville, Oklahoma USA
TVR
För mycket laddtryck

Re: 3 sidedraft (HIF6) förgasare på B30-motorn

Inlägg av TVR »

I think it will be difficult do get any good advice in this issue. Tuning B30 engines are not so common anymore and even back in the day most people used Weber or Dellorto carbs.
Could Dominik Benz give you any advice on what needles to use in your carb setup?

In my opinion you will have most trouble finding the correct needles o use. All tuned engines are different and you might have to make your own needles to get it perfect. But I guess you can always start with the standard needles from the B20B HIF setup and try. Same size cylinder and at least similar head design.
Making a throttle linkage that is precise and adjustable will also be a challenge, but not impossible.

Good luck!

Don’t know if you saw my suggestion to you in another thread;
May I suggest you write in English instead (or simply post your original English text as well as the translated). Many of the technical terms get way wrong with Google translate and are sometimes difficult to understand. Most Swedes understand English very well, probably better than Google translate does.
Just some friendly advice.
Walrus3
För lite laddtryck

Inlägg av Walrus3 »

Many thanks for the advice.
Dominik Benz was using Stromberg carburetors, I believe.
I have used the standard B20B needles (BAL or BBB) on HIF6s on B20s with modifications as well as with dual HIF6s on the original B30 on my old 164. In both cases they seemed to work well, although I do not consider myself an expert tuner. If the warm weather holds I may see if I can get an engine put together for the manifold and get the exhaust flanges milled to match.
Also thanks for the advice regarding posting in English. You are probably right about most Swedes understanding English better than Google Translate (which rendered carbs as kollhydraten). After a friend pointed that out to me on a post on another Swede forum I straightened it out. I am only a Swede by marriage and second generation Swedish American at that. No, Grandma did NOT make any attempt to teach Swedish to her children although she fed them plenty of good Swedish food. She and Grandpa said that the kids were and would be Americans!
George Downs
NikkO
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av NikkO »

I don't see any problems using hif6 carbs on a b30 engine.
You can flow prep the carbs, grind down the throttle axle as in a modern mikuni vacuum carb for example. Remove the sharp edges in the bottom of the carb (under the throttle) and use full radius funnels!!
shorten the springs an use a lighter oil (ATF oil blended 50/50 with diesel) for better throttle response.

drill a bigger hole in the needle seat and set the float level right.

This part is a bit tricky, but you can tune the needles almost perfect for your engine with help of wide band lambda sensor, if it's running lean at a given throttle lift, just sand down the needle very little at this place and testdrive again, i recomend you to use a power jet on each carb to get the fine tuning right.

This is my b20 with hif6 carbs, if you get it all right, theese carbs rock! :twisted:
Bild

I hope you understand my crappy english :)
/Niklas Eliasson

Portning, ventilslipning, MIRA-fräsning, svarvning, montering utväxlingar, provtryckning av tryckplattor mm.
F-skatt

Walrus3
För lite laddtryck

Inlägg av Walrus3 »

Many thanks, Nik.
The English (Anguish?) is fine!
I've got a fair amount of experience with the HIF6 carbs - one reason why I have so many of them. In fact I have used them on a couple B20s as well as 2 on my 164, with very few problems.
I just had never used 3 carbs on a B30, and just recently got the manifold, which I believe is pretty rare.
When I get it together I will post how it goes.
Thanks again!
BTW is that a 1975 240 with the B20? They are pretty rare also!
George Downs
Skriv svar