rvolvor (Asher) from the US

En liten presentation av er själv (frivillig)
rvolvor
Lite mer laddtryck

rvolvor (Asher) from the US

Inlägg av rvolvor »

Alright guys, I have decided to post up a little intro since I have had an account here since 2011 and have not made any posts. I am also coming to Europe in the summer, so this place might be a resource for me. I am a Volvo guy, but appreciate and have worked on a lot of fast cars (American, European, Japanese, and everything between). I am currently a technician at a shop here in the US a few you guys might have heard of known as R-Sport International/RSI (r-sport.org). We are one of the only shops in the US to produce cars and parts for people to seriously make their Volvos fast. Before that, I worked at a general repair shop for high end European cars and worked on everything from the basic (VW Golf, Volvo S60, Land Rover, etc etc) to the ridiculous (Maserati, Ferrari, Mercedes SL65 AMG). Prior to working there, I lived in California and worked for 6 months at a shop where all we did was Mitsubishi Evolutions, fun but a pain all at the same time. Where I started as a technician was a shop in California where I learned a lot about cars and engines and suspension on old American cars. It was a hot rod/muscle car shop where we did custom fabrication, installations, suspension tuning (corner balancing, etc), tuning (we had a SuperFlow SF-840 chassis dyno), and engine building. Although I love Volvos, that place made me want many American Cars (1964 Buick Skylark, 1970 Nova, 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, and a Grand National are all on my list of cars to own one day).

I have had a few Volvos and one VW (never again, I love the VR6 sound, but hate working on them). I currently own 4 240s and have owned 6 in total
My 1979 242DL daily driver with a basic B21f+t LH2.2/EZK swap and an AW71:
Bild

My 1975 244 with a B230F+t holset he351/megasquirt/header/RSI Stage 3 cam/etc etc. Made 340whp on 18psi on E85:
Bild
Bild

1992 245 I am selling:
Bild

1990 245 I am selling (bought it for cheap to use to move and then sell for profit):
Bild

1983 242 DL I sold to somebody who really wanted it (did not want to sell, but the buyer gave me a lot of money):
Bild

1984 245ti I bought for $130 USD:
Bild

and an 81 242ti I do not have pictures of.

Anyways, figured I would make an intro. hopefully you guys can understand most of what I said. I think most of the projects you guys have going are awesome and ridiculous and are very much so inspirational for people like me. A lot of you are pushing the envelope on performance and I love it.

Thanks
-Asher
W108
För mycket laddtryck

Re: rvolvor (Asher) from the US

Inlägg av W108 »

That -75 244 you got there, that device that keeps your hood open, it´s Stock isn´t it?... :doh:

...Sorry, couldn´t help myself there, and you will probably not get it att all :roll:
Användarvisningsbild
Performance_seeker
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Performance_seeker »

Interesting read Asher, thanks.
As I understand it, you are going to spend very little time in Sweden, otherwise it might possible to arrange something.
Cheers,
Martin
Martin, Mopar 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X fully sequential ign. & inj.
rvolvor
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av rvolvor »

W108 skrev:That -75 244 you got there, that device that keeps your hood open, it´s Stock isn´t it?... :doh:

...Sorry, couldn´t help myself there, and you will probably not get it att all :roll:
I thought it provided more of a natural look for the car :P
rvolvor
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av rvolvor »

Performance_seeker skrev:Interesting read Asher, thanks.
As I understand it, you are going to spend very little time in Sweden, otherwise it might possible to arrange something.
Cheers,
Martin
I am going to have a few weeks to travel around and do whatever comes up. Let me know if you would like to arrange something. I would very much so like to see how the Swedes do American cars as they are what I worked on a lot when I got started in the trade.
Skriv svar