Saabel Garage; GMC Typhoon #FinnTyphoon

Projektrådar med information och bilder om olika byggen
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Connected the fuel lines and pressure tested the system. Found out that there is a small leak in fuel rail welding. Have to weld that and figure out a bit of wiring and then it would be the start up time. So no start up this week :(
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Next stop Kalajoki and OCF Summerparty. Tomorrow is the main day with 1/4 mile drag racing!
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

JEJ! Drove four times at 1/4 mile and improved my best time four times.

Bild
First was 13.58/189 with old Yokohama semi-slicks and just with the wastegate without boost control.

Bild
Second was 13.3/185 with same setup.

Bild
Third was 12.946/195. For the third attempt I put the 235/60/15 street radials at the back and connected the boost controller.

For the fourth attempt I checked the pressure on the slicks and dropped them from 2.0 to 1.4 bar. Still it was quite slippery but all went decently all the way to the finish line. There was some glitch at the timing and I didn´t get a time slip :( Few people said that on the screen it showed 12.5 time and that would have been the fastest time I have got!

The lack of the 4th time sheet was not the most disappointing happening of the day.

On the 4th pull the engine exploded at the finish line. It was quite intresting situtation when the smoke came inside the cabin and LOUD mechanic noise came from engine bay. Stopped the Rekord at the track and leaked oil just where I got it stopped so there was not much cleaning to do. Luckily. 2nd con rod broke and smacked holes in the block and oil pan. So, everything bellow head gasket is trashed. Cylinder head will propably be ok with just 2nd cylinder valves. Cams looked OK with a quick look and it is great.

Bild

Bild

All in all this is such horse shit. Every fucking summer this engine breaks down one way or other. Maybe I should buy a complete built engine somewhere and drop it in. Dunno....
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Ok, once again. Delivered a cylinder block for honing and skimming. Also took the old cylinder head to machinist so he can change the 2nd cylinder valves and check for other damages. Looked through the garage and found a full bottom end bearing set, head gasket, oil pan, stock 2.3 pistons and rods. Valve cover sealing, exhaust manifold sealing and piston rings are missing but they are easy to get.
Narux
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Narux »

Are you running stock conrods? How much Hp does the engine make?
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Narux skrev:Are you running stock conrods? How much Hp does the engine make?
Yes, it is a completely stock 2.3 bottom end. In dyno it pushed 520Whp. We did drop timig 3 degrees after the tuning, so with that it had ~480whp in use. I think that when I get this new stock engine put together I am going to drive with 1.4 bar boost. With boost controller I have 1.8bar on peak torque and 1.6bar on peak hp. Maybe with 1.4bar boost it won´t break this summer anymore.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Picked the honed and skimmed block from the machinist with a set of new piston rings.
MickeK
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av MickeK »

Build with 2.0 piston and rods or change to t7 piston and 153mm rods.
I never have this problem when I have this setup
MVH Micke

Med mål på 6,50 på 201m

PB 6,52s/182km
Tack till Nordic Tuning, Bakaxel.se, Mekonomen Helsingborg och KL racing.se
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

MickeK skrev:Build with 2.0 piston and rods or change to t7 piston and 153mm rods.
I never have this problem when I have this setup
I do have one complete 2.0 engine, but it would require new dyno session to get it working properly and I don´t have time for it. Also I have a set of 2.0 T7 Wössner pistons and a set of forged 153mm pistons, but they are not going into this setup.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Bottom end almost ready. Maybe I should also paint it because now it looks rusty and nasty.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Looks so good with paint on it :) Also it is easier to find oil leaks on light color. I´ll get the cylinder head back from the machinist on Monday so the engine should be going back in next week.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Got the cylinder head back from machinist. 2nd cylinder valves were bent and also intake valves from 1st cylinder were bent from some previous accident. Also all valve seats were machined and the surface got skimmed. So, a bit more than basic overhaul.
keme skrev:I´ll get the cylinder head back from the machinist on Monday so the engine should be going back in next week.
Well it isn´t going back this week. Maybe next week or week after that.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

OK, I have to hurry a bit because I booked dyno time for this Thursday. Checked that timing is about where it should be, atleast it is not a tooth of or something else stupid. Then I dropped the engine back in the engine bay.

Bild

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord 480whp

Inlägg av keme »

Got it in the dyno!

Crappy Facebook video ; https://www.facebook.com/SaabelGarage/v ... =3&theater

480hp/585Nm from the wheel with ~1.7bar.
Skriv svar