Saabel Garage; GMC Typhoon #FinnTyphoon

Projektrådar med information och bilder om olika byggen
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Opel Rekord C -66 "Saabel"

Inlägg av keme »

Plaah, I haven´t got anything done for this Rekord. BUT! I resurrected a 1971 4D Sedan C Rekord because it was so cheap to buy :)

This was bought in Åland and it worked as a taxi for its first years. Then it was brought in continental Finland. In year 1994 it was inspected last time and then drove in garage. It was abadoned in the garage because previous owner had lost his toes from one foot in work accident. Pretty brutal.

Bild

Just pulled out from garage with 17 years worth of dirt on it. Rear brakes were a bit jammed but luckily they opened up so that car was relatively easy to push.

Bild

Front couch and gear lever in stearing column! sweeeet.

Bild

This was the only rust spot that I found and welded. Otherwise body is in very good shape. After I changed oil, oil filter and whole ignition system it started with that 17 years old gasoline. DAMN! Then I repaired brakes just a bit and drove to registeration office and got licence plates! :)

Bild

This is quite sweet summer car because it is regisered for 6 people. Ofcourse I have some bulding plans for this but that will be in another thread when the time comes :)
Senast redigerad av keme den lör okt 08, 2011 10:09 am, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Användarvisningsbild
Moparboy440
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Moparboy440 »

What a barn find! Amazing!
How can you make good ideas sound so bad? I'm an engineer!
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

JEJ! Some progress in topics car! :lol:

Friend of mine welded cooler pipes for me because I don´t have TIG.

Bild

Bild

Then I updated engine management to support internal WB-lambda and buch of other features. Also I got 1.6 bar spring to wastegate. Hopefully it is enough or atleast a good start for boosting.

Still missing quite a bit work to get this running, but I hope that that day will come...
Edvard
Ganska mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Edvard »

Looks very nice!
Granlund
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Granlund »

Sweet!

Promise to post some videos later! :D
Erik Granlund
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Ofcourse I´ll post videos when there will be some.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Once again I lifted engine away from engine bay. Have to replace few gaskets, instal flywheel and clutch and then drop the engine in to the engine bay for good. Today I tested if I can use old harness for engine and luckily it fits with minor modifications. Last week I delivered universal joint, flywheel and pressureplate to machinist for balancing. They should be back with in two weeks.

I also tightened diff a bit

Bild

It is quite easy to tighten that diff, but hope that 2mm thick piece is enough for the start.

Too bad this Opel cover is a bit small

Bild

Well, have to do something to that

:)

I also set target to get this Rekord in dyno and get it tuned in November.
Edvard
Ganska mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Edvard »

November :shock: In which condition is the rest of the car? I mean, you have the whole winter to build on the car... What about the electric then, are you going to use saab standard system, with all cabels, trionicbox and so on from the car you took the engine from?
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Well, I have to do adapters for brake calibers, make fuel system and finish exhaust pipe, modify electrics a bit and then lots of other little things which take time. I have Tatech engine mangement system, so I am not going to use Saab electrics.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

I keep steady one update per month pace :lol:

Whole month short: I lifted engine away from engine bay, adjusted downpipe a bit, fitted cam shaft trigger, put proper sealant to oil pan and cam chain cover, got flywheel and universal joint and then butchered gearbox to fit. All in all I haven´t got much done.

Pics

Bild

Bild

Bild

Saab engine and BMW have start motors in different places.

Bild

Bild

Tomorrow I am planing to put engine back in to engine bay.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Fiuh, finaly I got flywheel and clutch to the engine and engine back in to the engine bay. I had to remake threads to flywheel for clutch, because they were too loose for bolts. I had to also re-fabricate clutch fork to get it work properly.

Bild

Bild

Bild

A bit close to firewall, but everything fits.

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Today I assembled 3rd member and drive shafts. My already slow progress may turn even slower because I got a job which is about 150km from my garage :( But I am hoping to get this Rekord running next summer. Although few months back I was hoping to get it dyno tuned this month.... :shock: didn´t happen... well, we´ll see how things turn out!

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Gearstick looks a bit rugged but it works :)

Bild

Fuel pump waiting for assembling

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

It has been a while, again, but I blame 150km distance from garage :)

Bad pictures, but today I got exhaust pipe made up to rear axle. That 3.5" pipe is one bitch to make fit compaired to 3" pipe.

Bild

Support bearing for main shaft is a bit close to exhaust pipe, but hopefully it won´t melt.

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Bild

Welded exhaust gas temperature and exhaust pressure measuring bits.

Bild

Looks bad, but works :)
Skriv svar