Saabel Garage; GMC Typhoon #FinnTyphoon

Projektrådar med information och bilder om olika byggen
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Got the front fender flairs assembled. Maybe they got a bit high, but hopefully they will be intact after first track day.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Got the Dash2 connected. It should be configurated so it would give some usefull information instead of randon numbers.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Booked road legality inspection for tomorrow for the Saabel Rekord. Everything should be ok but....
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

...was not. Next try maybe with in few weeks. The most annoying thing was that engine started to leak oil and I didn´t have time to figure out where it was comming from.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
I finally got it inspected! YEY!
Modlendingen
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Modlendingen »

Niiice :D
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Omega

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Omegas engine is going back in. Stock 2.0 engine with removed balance shafts and 10:1 pistons from N/A engine. Still running on E85.
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Omega

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Getting closer to start
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Got the engine running a while ago. It made a considerable knocking noise. So, I thought that in worst case it is the con rod bearings again.

Bild

Luckily it was quite easy to check the bearings. Also luckily all the bearings were OK, but the noise was still there. After that I changed cams and valve lifters. With "new" used valve lifters and cams the noise went away. I lost all interest to this Omega due this whole engine episode and got it sold. I believe that new owner will put a proper Saab power plant under the hood and get it really going :)
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Some to-do list for the winter
- Get the clutch working properly
- Replace Bosch -044 fuel pumps with Walbro 450lph pumps and replace the existing catch tank with a better one.
- Get the power steering connected and working
- Tidy up the chassis wiring
- Buy proper brake pads, because the ones in brake calibers are complete shit
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Engine and gearbox had to be removed, because it is impossible to remove gearbox from the engine under the car.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Moved the thrust bearing closer to the clutch because it didn´t work like it should.

Bild
Dropped the engine and gearbox back into the engine bay just to check if the clutch works properly now. It does. I also made new engine brackets, because old ones needed a bit adjusting.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Got the engine mounts done and now the engine sits quite well.

Bild
Removed the old fuel system. I am going to replace the old Bosch 044 pumps with 450lph Walbros which are located inside the catch tank. The catch tank will be located beneath the fuel cell, so I can remove also the transfer pump for the catch tank. It is slightly simpler system and maybe better system because Walbros are suitable for E85 and I get rid of the one extra fuel pump.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Stirpped the engine wiring harness of the Rekord and visited at TT-Speed. They added a wire for the second fuel pump control and also repaired my a-bit-sketchy cam shaft sensor connector. Little progress but now atleast the wiring harness is ready for next summer :D
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Updated the front brakes. Changed old 275mm discs to 296mm, changed calibers and also the sealings to calibers and trimmed the brake backing plates a bit. Waiting for Hawk pads with High performance streeet compound to arrive to complete the front brake job. For rear axle I couldn´t find better pads than EBC Yellow stuff´s, but they should be just fine. Atleast they should be a lot better than Biltema pads which are there now :D
Skriv svar