Saabel Garage; GMC Typhoon #FinnTyphoon

Projektrådar med information och bilder om olika byggen
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord

Inlägg av keme »

Big-Nyz skrev:I was also thinking about screamer pipe now that I am upgrading the turbo. Have you spoken to a katsastusmies (besiktningsman, whatever that is in english :P ) to see what they think about it?
I don´t consider that as a problem at all. Why would it be illegal at inspection because this is so damn old car :D
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Opel Rekord C Carava

Inlägg av keme »

Pffff... Little update to Caravan.

I picked it up back into my garage last may.

Bild
Well, nothing had changed even though it had been outside whole winter.

Bild
Replaced old rusted fuel tank with 20 liter racing cell. It is stupidly small but it was cheap. Also put a copy Bosch 044 next to it.

Bild
Finished the exhaust pipe, changed rear brake cylinders and hand brake cable

Bild
Put the power steering fluid reservoit next to air mass meter.

Bild

Now I fixed the universal joint support, adjusted and tightened the hand brake. Thought that it would start. Well, it did not. Hopefully the problem is with the fuel pump relay. Most of the lights seem to work and the brakes work, so if I get the engine running I could take this beast into inspection! Last time it was inspected was in year 1989! :D
Användarvisningsbild
Dennis M
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord & Omega B Turbo

Inlägg av Dennis M »

There's something special with threedoor caravans, both practical and unpractical AT The same time. ☺
keme
Forumsberoende

Re: Saabel Garage; Opel Rekord C Caravan

Inlägg av keme »

Dennis M skrev:There's something special with threedoor caravans, both practical and unpractical AT The same time. ☺
Indeed. They look so much better than reqular 5D caravans.
So, I tried to fire this beast up again with no succes.

Bild
Then I spotted a cheap used Tatech ECU with internal wide band lambda, so it just had to be bought. I also have an old wiring harness from Saabel Rekords old engine, 2.5bar MAP sensor and intake air sensor from Saab, so I am missing wasted spark coil, spark plug wires, a bit wiring harness modifications and then I have a proper engine management unit in Caravan. :D 2.5 bar map does leave room for boost, but I am not going to use that option just yet...
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Didn´t have anything better to do, so I opened the Saabel Rekords engine.
Bild
There were a little of copper colour at few con rod bearings and some odd scratches on top of 1st and 4th piston. Exhaust ports were quite oily, but I think that is due big piston ring gaps.

Bild
1st piston.
Bild
4th piston.
Bild
Something has gone through turbine housing.
Modlendingen
För mycket laddtryck

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord & Omega B Turbo

Inlägg av Modlendingen »

Yep, something has come loose through the turbo... Shame :)
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Some purchases to the Caravan.

Bild
Wasted spark coil and spark plug wires from Finjector.com. Delivery from them was crazy fast!

Bild
2.5bar MAP and Intake air temperature sensor from Saab and a throttle position sensor which used to be in Saabel Rekord when it was running with Opel engine. The plan is to get wiring harnes modified and Caravan started with new ecu by the end of this year.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

keme skrev:The plan is to get wiring harnes modified and Caravan started with new ecu by the end of this year.
Almost.

Bild
Today the MAP-sensor and ignition coil pack found their places in the firewall. The wiring harness modifications are still in progress.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

keme skrev:
keme skrev:The plan is to get wiring harnes modified and Caravan started with new ecu by the end of this year.
Almost.
Well. Atleast there was smoke in the air.
Bild
Got all the sensors etc. connected to the wiring harness and connected the battery. Crankshaft sensor wire burnt all the way to the ECU connector. I am quessing that I connected something wrong. For fuck sake. Stripped the whole wiring harness and put it into trash bin. Also took a look inside ECU and there was no signs of any burn components. So maybe it is ok.
Have to push Caravan out from garage so I can get working with Saabel Rekord.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Got the block skimmed once again. This time reason was that I changed the timing end cover from 9000 to 900. The plan is to get the bottom end ready this weekend.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Bottom end ready

Bild
Balance shafts have been removed.

Also I measured piston ring end gaps of the new piston rings. Upper rings were all 0.35 and second rings were 0.60mm. Couldn´t find any proper spec about what they should be, so I let them be as is.
Användarvisningsbild
Dennis M
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Dennis M »

How sid you blank offentliga The inner oil holmes for The balansen shafts? Did you knock in The bearings a bit?
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Dennis M skrev:How sid you blank offentliga The inner oil holmes for The balansen shafts? Did you knock in The bearings a bit?
I replaced the inner balance shaft bearings with blank rings.

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Didn´t have dial gauge in garage so I couldn´t get cams timed. Otherwise engine is ready! Next I have to start working with the chassis.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Received new GAZ front shocks!
Skriv svar