bromsar 240 => 164?

Snack om allmänt skruvande som inte passar någon annanstans
Användarvisningsbild
koenvbr
För mycket laddtryck

bromsar 240 => 164?

Inlägg av koenvbr »

Will the the vented discs of a 240 fit on a 160E frontaxle? I have looked up the dimensions and they look quite the same to me. I just don't have a 240 so I can't investigate it myself.

//Koen
Användarvisningsbild
larsat
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av larsat »

i asume you mean the front axle?
it will fit with the 240 calipers if you take up the holes in them a little & plane them a bit... i don't have the exakt measures, sorry, but it will fit with some modifications!!
i hope you understand :P
Användarvisningsbild
koenvbr
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av koenvbr »

larsat skrev:i asume you mean the front axle?
it will fit with the 240 calipers if you take up the holes in them a little & plane them a bit... i don't have the exakt measures, sorry, but it will fit with some modifications!!
i hope you understand :P
Yes I meant the frontaxle, I understand everything that u wrote. I guess you mean that I have to drill the holes in the 240 calipers a little bit bigger.

I looked at the rear axle today and saw that a 240 caliper also could fit when the holes are drilled bigger. Only problem I think is that the hole for the handbrake is bigger in the 160 discs. And the metal plate for the mud will get in the way when placing 240 discs, I think :?

Info about rear axle is also welcome :wink:

Thanks

//Koen
Användarvisningsbild
koenvbr
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av koenvbr »

I found vented discs and calipers from a '91 GLT today, so I can begin with this swap on the frontaxle next week.

Than the rear braking system:
Handbrake system from a 240 won't fit I just saw. Placing a 240 disc on the stock 160 system isn't possible either. I do saw in some brake catalogs that the discs from a '75 160 have the same number as the discs for the 240. Anyone knows what the difference is between these? I only can imagine that the '75 160 has the same handbrake system as the 240. But what about the bolts for the driving shaft then. Cause these bolts are in the way of brakeshoes... :? :? :?

Hope you people understand what I'm trying to say here :)

//Koen
Användarvisningsbild
larsat
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av larsat »

i don't understand everything and i have never thought about putting vented disks on the rear axle, but is it really worth while?
the front breakes do the most job, so i think it will be enough... i will do so on my 142 heres a pic with those disks on a 142:
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
koenvbr
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av koenvbr »

larsat skrev:i don't understand everything and i have never thought about putting vented disks on the rear axle
I meant vented 240 discs in the front and solid 240 discs in the rear. Sorry for my change of subject with that.

I do figured out today that the '75 160's have the suspension of the first 240. It also has metric bolts etc.

by the way...

Nice car ;)
Användarvisningsbild
larsat
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av larsat »

i am going to put a 1031 axle from 240 turbo / 260 at my 142.. thats the best to do as i see it, the 160 axle M31 is quite the same though... the disks should be almost the same, no big difference... the 140 axle M30 is weaker
Skriv svar