Insugslängd

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
Användarvisningsbild
anglia-61
Forumsberoende

Insugslängd

Inlägg av anglia-61 »

Hur tänker man med insugslängd på ett sheetmetal insug till en v8.
Räknar man från ventil till trattkant i plenumet eller till trattkant på förgasaren?
Skrev trattkant, men är i själva verket bara radier.
oldforgemotorsport @Instagram

Turbos are like tampons, every pussy have one.
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Re: Insugslängd

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

Från ventilen till radien in i plenumet.
Radien i sig påverkar också länden genom hur långt ut man får reflektionen.
Jag har för mig att mindre radie gav reflektionen längre in och motsvarade kortare rör men jag får kolla upp det.
Sen stämmer man av plenumvolymen med spacers så att förgasarna inte fetar på höga varv.
Börjar motorn feta så ökar man plenumvolymen.

Erland
Användarvisningsbild
anglia-61
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av anglia-61 »

Jag trodde att större radie/konisitet på slutet gjorde att det refletera längre ut.
Så kolla gärna!
Finns det någon sådan mellan tummen och pekfingret formel för plenum volym? Typ dubbla volymen av en cyl eller nått.
oldforgemotorsport @Instagram

Turbos are like tampons, every pussy have one.
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

Precis, större radie verkar som röret är längre och mindre som om det är kortare som jag minns det.
Men jag ska kolla om jag minns rätt.

Erland
Användarvisningsbild
dundersmurfen
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av dundersmurfen »

anglia-61 skrev: Finns det någon sådan mellan tummen och pekfingret formel för plenum volym? Typ dubbla volymen av en cyl eller nått.
Jag har tänkt en del på de, men största möjliga buffert av luft måste ju vara bäst. När insugsventilen börjar dra in luft så fyller man ju cylindern bäst om det inte blir något tryckfall i plenumet. Plenumet måste ju fyllas på och luft måste börja dras genom spjället.

Har loggat tryck i flera bilar och det blir alltid några kpa lägre tryck i plenumet när det knallar på för fullt på sugisar och några kpa tryckfall över spjäll på överladdat. Gäller orginal betonade volvos nu, kör man 100mm spjäll är det nog annorlunda men har inte haft möjligthet att logga något sådant ännu
Mera brus i kubbarna! Bromsar/ mappar för öl
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

Det beror på hur många cylindrar man har.
Ju färre cylindrar desto större volym mot motorns totala volym.

2008-12-02
The Effects of Intake Plenum Volume on the Performance of a Small Normally Aspirated Restricted Engine 2008-01-3007
Intake tuning is a widely recognized method for optimizing the performance of a naturally aspirated engine for motorsports applications. Wave resonance and Helmholtz theories are useful for predicting the impact of intake runner length on engine performance. However, there is very little information in the literature regarding the effects of intake plenum volume. The goal of this study was to determine the effects of intake plenum volume on engine performance for a restricted naturally aspirated engine for Formula SAE (FSAE) vehicle use. Testing was conducted on a four cylinder 600 cc motorcycle engine fitted with a 20 mm restrictor in compliance with FSAE competition rules. Plenum sizes were varied from 2 to 10 times engine displacement (1.2 to 6.0 L) and engine speeds were varied from 3,000 to 12,500 RPM. Performance metrics including volumetric efficiency, torque and power were recorded at steady state conditions. Experimental results showed that engine performance increased modestly as plenum volume was increased from 2 to 8 times engine displacement. Increasing plenum volume beyond 8 times engine displacement resulted in significant improvement in performance parameters. Overall, peak HP was shown to increase from 54 kW to 63 kW over the range of plenums tested. While it was clear that larger intake plenums yielded better steady state performance, their effect on transient performance was not explored and will be the subject of further research.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/di ... FULLTEXT02

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... eR_hBU9hBy

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/ ... manifolds/

Erland
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

Jag har kollat. Mindre radie ger relektionen längre ut, mindre radie motsvarar ett längre rör.

Post by maxracesoftware » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:21 am
long ago messing around with
NHRA SS Chrysler Off Port-O-Sonic Manifold
with its knife-edged runner entries
-VS-
higher CFM flowing , nice .500" + rounded/radiused
Runner Entries on the Edelbrock Victor Intake.

the Port-O-Sonic flowed less on the FlowBench,
but made more HP on the Dyno and ran faster on the
DragStrip.

The sharp knife-edged Runner enties were effectively
"lengthening" the runners by causing a sharper harder hit
on runner wave tuning.

if the runner is a little too short for RPM range,
a sharper divider can act like its slightly longer returning
a more powerful wave at Intake Valve closing point.

Vise/Versa....if Runner is too long, then a larger radius entry
can effectively shorten runner length
and cause a softer hit on Intake wave action,
and change wave timing at IVC

As we got Cylinder heads on SS Chrysler engine to
make higher RPM HP or move entire
Power Curve upwards in RPM...
then there came a point where the Edelbrock Intake
started making more HP on my Dyno and
going faster down the Dragtrip.

its real important to get the Total Induction Length
to resonate properly in the RPM Range you desire.

The "sharp edge shear" effect you refer to is well known to Pro Stock and other engine builders of normally aspirated engines. Of course you already know this and I am glad you bring it up. Tuning the amount of shear to increase wave intensity ( amplitude manipulation as I call it) is something that has become a normal part of tuning a racing engine. This shows us that an induction system is in no way shape or form," aerodynamically intuitive". You cant just look at something and say it will flow air or be dynamically stable or proper in the running engine unless you have a great deal of experiance to back up your theory. People who start out in this profession often assume things based off of intuitive impressions. It got me into a lot of trouble when I started out.

Manipulation of the wave form either amplitude or frequency can be accomplished in many ways and many are never talked about. You would simply be AMAZED at the increase in fuel flow, over all signal, recoverability and over all power one can attain by playing with the wave intensity. You can effect almost 50-60LBS/HR of fuel flow in a high end engine.
Darin Morgan

Erland
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

Användarvisningsbild
tobmag
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av tobmag »