b230 problems.

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Re: b230 problems.

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

bit of an update, i made the other manifold with the anti reversion chambers and it worked ok!! i decided to look at the car again and i resoled i had mounted the engine off by a fair amount, it was leaning maybe 20 degs out! so i sorted that out and then there was a lot more room for the RHD steering shaft to clear the exhaust.

I bought a manifold from facebook market place, apparently its a skandix manifold, ive never heard of these people but then i havnt looked! i modded it at home and made this

Bild

took the car out today and where it was feeling cammy, it now just pulls from nothing. that t5 cam is awesome for the money. really love the car and havnt the carbs yet on it...
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

What could we learn from this? Well, it is important with a right tune in exhaust pulses! Especially with a cam that is "open all day" :thumbright:
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

it is open so long, and i was told to not use it but, it works.

b230 what an engine...
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

so finally took the car to the rollers after just fitting that manifold. It made 6 bhp less than with the cast manifold.

I am interested in the inlet now, i think that is part of the problem with the engine. To be fair though it does go really well. Just at 160 bhp id expect more numbers?
Skriv svar