b230 problems.

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Re: b230 problems.

Inlägg av whilliam »

You should use new type of injector with 4 holes, rather than the old pintle style. You can find them on Volvo 850, V70 and others.
This type will give you better atomization and thereby better combustion and a few Hp more. Also putting the injectors long away from valve will give a little extra. (put them right where the runner starts i plenum)
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

thanks, those are actually the injectors i have already in the lh2.4! i swapped them ages ago i forgot to say! thanks!
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

i forgot to ask too, ive cranking pressure of 165psi, is that low, should i get the head skimmed more? thanks!
The
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av The »

11.3 bar sounds pretty ok
Torbjörn.A
Har man slagit yxan i båten får man ro som fan
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

Is that with fully open butterfly? (otherwise, engine will not take in enough air)
The camshaft and timing of that will affect cranking pressure more than the compression ratio does, someone else that know about that camshaft should tell you a better truth than what i do........
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

right ok ill leave it as it is then and do the rest of the stuff... get a kjet manifold comming to look at fitting too thanks
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

just having a read around about the rules, am not 100% but it looks liek if i want to use the Kjet, i have to use the Kjet injectors too. Is the Kjet manifold that much better than the lh2.4? Can i get the power with the LH2.4?

thanks
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

Bild

well its int here now, but it was hitting the box so modded it some more. resonance bits in, and hopefully itll drive better after a go one the rolling road!
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

well i started teh car today, even with a very poor joint to the exhaust , it sounded so much better. Im hoping itll get rid of that big drip in the power.

Now, is there anything i can do to the F intake to make it better? It has a 63mm inlet on it already, so getting air in isnt a problem at the throttle housing. I have matched the manifold to the head as far into it as i can. But is there any guides or pics of what people do to them?
thanks!
psa
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av psa »

It's not a lot that you can do, extrude honing possibly.
Otherwise you would have to cut it apart and weld it so you can access and have more material in the walls when grinding. A lot of work in the end, and probably not cheap if you can't do it yourself.
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

is there a proven power output that the f manifold can do? i mean, using the E maybe better, but maybe i dont need that extra?

I can use the E manifold, but i would have to use teh E injectors too, and they just wont be right for what im doing. rules basically say, parts you use must be available to just swap from the manufacture.
Användarvisningsbild
JE Jr
För mycket laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av JE Jr »

Hi! Is there a possibility to get a link to complete rulebook? Which lnguage is it in? Im afraid the small extracts you written dont give the complete picture so it is hard to make good suggetions.
Boost -> break -> fix -> repeat.
-740 Sport på Garaget-
-S70 Bruksis på Garaget-
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

the rules;

18.2.Vehicle engines must have:
18.2.1.A maximum of four cylinders.
18.2.2.A maximum of two carburettor chokes (two single or one double).
18.2.3.A maximum of one camshaft per bank of cylinders.
18.2.4.Engines with more than one camshaft per bank of cylinders may be used providing that they were originally fittedwith fuel injection and that the fuel injection system complete with plenum chamber and throttle body is retained unmodified.
18.2.5.For diesel and petrol engines under 1500cc actual capacity, forced induction is permitted providing that thecomplete original induction system is retained unmodified,other than the replacement of the air filter element.
18.3.1.Fuel injection may be fitted where it was standard equipment by the manufacturer for that engine type and wherethe original plenum chamber and throttle body is retained for that engine type.

the bottom download

it basically gives guide lines, and if it dosnt say you can do something then you cant.
Thunderbo1t
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Thunderbo1t »

I read you only have to have the plenum and throttle body stock..... change injectors, porting of runners, maybe even make new runners :twisted:
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

i asked the question, and they said, basically, you can use stock factory parts, so if you can buy the bits to bolt on from the manufacture, then ok, if not, then no. It is to limit the power as it is on open roads afterall. So i cant mod the E manifold to take F type injectors legally, that is if anyone would notice lol! But i can legally run for example 2x 3" su carbs lol!It is a bit strange in that way.

i dont want to run carbs.
Skriv svar