Scania R500 @ hub dyno

Metoder, verktyg och resultat kring bromsning av motorer diskuteras här.
Cedric
För mycket laddtryck

Re: Scania R500 @ hub dyno

Inlägg av Cedric »

Now this is familiar subject for me :) For maximum power the combination of the A112(mm) compressor with the 97mm turbine is more or less the biggest you will get from the HX60 "heavy duty" range last time i checked, bigger than that is hard to find since those turbos are made in small numbers. I dont know if you care or measure EGT but the turbo mentioned above should be what is needed for best efficiency at these kinds of power levels. The downside is that its slow in transients and low end boost, possibly hurting the driveability a litte bit to much. Valve overlap could help you alot to get more boost and lower EGTs at the low end though. But if you aim for more power reliably i would definitely start thinking about a compound system, it makes life so much easier in so many ways, except for the fabrication :lol: . A challenge is of course the burn duration aswell as I guess you know, to keep the EGTs in control and not filling the crankcase with oil soot. Do you measure lambda ?
Porsche 924 turbo
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Re: Scania R500 @ hub dyno

Inlägg av whilliam »

I think there is a bigger exducer on this C/W (billet) at least it ought to be ETT. Going up on compressor exducer means that you could benefit from bigger inducer on T/W (my suggestion with Cummins wheel is not a joke, it is fully doable)

On the other hand we have a manufacturer who can supply turbine in the region +10% on both ind./exd. This in combination with smaller A/R will give more top-end together with better performance at spool.

There is nothing "magic" to this, all is thanks to better working radial turbine in low region and better flow at the top (bigger exducer will flow more) and at the same time extract more energy to compensate for overspeeding the gas-flow at radial turbine.

Never tested on this particular turbo, but tested on other with perfect result (better range for the whole set-up)
The only reason for regular manufacturer not to "go this way" is more material cost since it is all about a bigger frame size.
Skriv svar