Är du kunnig på elektrohydraulisk servo?

Modifieringar och tips
Pitabroed
För mycket laddtryck

Re: Är du kunnig på elektrohydraulisk servo?

Inlägg av Pitabroed »

Min zf styrväxel gjord för atf gillade inte chf iaf, pissade olja efter en sommar

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Användarvisningsbild
larsat
Forumsberoende
Kontakt:

Inlägg av larsat »

Fler som haft eller inte haft problem med chf olja i Volvo 240 styrväxel. Vet ej vilken styrväxel jag har, troligen ngn äldre 80-tal.

Skickat från min SM-G388F via Tapatalk
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

I'm also upgrading to opel astra elektrohyraulikservo pump.

Mine is from astra H 2000-2009 and it is mounted to volvo 240 steering rack
It had hose made...
My pump has m16x1.5mm thread and the rack has m14x1.5 thread

I asked that I can get the pump end with normal hydraulic coupling and on the steering rack we decided to go with similar banjo fitting that it allready had.
Original hose on the volvo rack pressure side has similar size as the normal 1/2" hose has. We decided to use 3/8" because you can easily find both of the couplers for that hose size.
Total price for the 1.0m hose was 15€ and I took less than 15minutes to make, the guy had to measure the correct couplings...

I'm still figuring out the oil I'm going to use
My friend recommended to use oil for the astra pump.
it is called FEBI 86161
It should be mineral based.

Volvo system uses atf, whitch should be more agressive for the rubber parts

Should I go with atf and hope that the pump will live long and happy life? or should I hope that the seals on the rack will be fine with the FEBI oil?
StefanM
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av StefanM »

Febi 86161 is a normal late steering servo oil replacing most Volvo/Saab/Opel/CHF liquids. It is a syntethic fluid.
Hempp2_
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Hempp2_ »

Ok... so my friend gave me wrong info...
Will the FEBI oil kill rubber seals on the rack?

I asked from skogenracing, who had the same pump on their 240 volvo, what oil they used on their system. They used atf without any problems for several years.
I will probably go with arf...
It is easier to flush the pump properly than to get the steering rack flushed completely...
StefanM
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av StefanM »

I do not think anyone can say for shure and I really does not believe they have different rubbercompounds in parts using such oils. One thing to bear in mind though is that if you use a different fluid leakage may occour. If you for instance use a opel servo that has been used with chf and then adapts it to a 240 gear and use ATF there is a chance that leakage might occour due to that. I think seals adapts to the fuid that has been used and if something else is used it might go wrong totally. (or work just as fine)
Användarvisningsbild
Volvo214
Ganska mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Volvo214 »

I talked to a salesrep for redline and they said that their power steering fluid
is compatible with both ATF and CHF or you can replace it all together.
//Peter
Turbokoftan
Alltid på trycket

Inlägg av Turbokoftan »

StefanM skrev:I do not think anyone can say for shure and I really does not believe they have different rubbercompounds in parts using such oils. One thing to bear in mind though is that if you use a different fluid leakage may occour. If you for instance use a opel servo that has been used with chf and then adapts it to a 240 gear and use ATF there is a chance that leakage might occour due to that. I think seals adapts to the fuid that has been used and if something else is used it might go wrong totally. (or work just as fine)
There are a range of different materials available for sealings that are in contact with oil, depending on what type of oil and area of use the hydraulic system has (temperature range, wear and tear caused by "contact surfaces", system pressure, type of oil and much more).

Most common is probably nitril and viton (viton usually occurs in hydraulic systems with tougher conditions, e.g. aggressive oils and has almost twice as high temperature resistance compared to nitril rubber- which only can handle about 100 degrees Celsius).

BR
Användarvisningsbild
hånta
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av hånta »

X6rs

Hur ställde du pumpen?
Tänkte själv installera en Opel Astra typ G pump i min Corvette med en Saab kuggstång.

Mvh
Corvette Stingray -69 Svart,427cui,med 6 Richmond manuellåda snart.
http://www.pixbox.se/usr_show_id55085_page0_order1.html
Skriv svar