Video: Världens snabbaste gatbil,483 km/h!!

Lägg in filmtips eller bilder på sånt som kan vara fränt eller roligt
Användarvisningsbild
Moparboy440
Forumsberoende

Video: Världens snabbaste gatbil,483 km/h!!

Inlägg av Moparboy440 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QMyv-CsFs

A street-legal car has officially broken the 300 mph barrier in the standing mile. This 2006 Ford GT, run and modified by M2K Motorsports, hit 300.4 mph at the Texas Mile event over the weekend. There isn't a whole lot of street left in this Ford GT, but now it can be said that they beat Hennessey, Bugatti and Koenigsegg to the feat.

This exact Ford GT held the previous standing-mile record at 293.6 mph before, but why not try for 300, right? Even with the car's approximately 2,500 horsepower, it's still legal to take on the streets. We say approximately, because M2K Motorsports is unable to provide an exact horsepower rating due to dyno limitations. It's still using the 5.4-liter V8 engine that came in the car from Ford, but it's twin-turbocharged now. These turbochargers produce a walloping 45 psi of boost, and the engine itself runs on methanol. So yeah, it's pretty bonkers.

You can see the car hit the triple century mark in the video up above on its last run of the day at Victoria Regional Airport. It sounds as wicked as you might expect a 2,500-horsepower V8 engine to sound, and needs a parachute to effectively stop from the high speeds. Funnily enough, the Ford GT still uses a six-speed manual transmission to reach those speeds. For some context, the car had a 205 mph top speed from the factory.
How can you make good ideas sound so bad? I'm an engineer!
BzWeldingAB
För lite laddtryck
Kontakt:

Re: Video: Världens snabbaste gatbil,483 km/h!!

Inlägg av BzWeldingAB »

Ljudet :o
Allt är förbjudet. Precis allt!
Boneyard
Lite mer laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Boneyard »

Moparboy440 skrev: sön apr 07, 2019 10:32 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QMyv-CsFs

A street-legal car has officially broken the 300 mph barrier in the standing mile. This 2006 Ford GT, run and modified by M2K Motorsports, hit 300.4 mph at the Texas Mile event over the weekend. There isn't a whole lot of street left in this Ford GT, but now it can be said that they beat Hennessey, Bugatti and Koenigsegg to the feat.

This exact Ford GT held the previous standing-mile record at 293.6 mph before, but why not try for 300, right? Even with the car's approximately 2,500 horsepower, it's still legal to take on the streets. We say approximately, because M2K Motorsports is unable to provide an exact horsepower rating due to dyno limitations. It's still using the 5.4-liter V8 engine that came in the car from Ford, but it's twin-turbocharged now. These turbochargers produce a walloping 45 psi of boost, and the engine itself runs on methanol. So yeah, it's pretty bonkers.

You can see the car hit the triple century mark in the video up above on its last run of the day at Victoria Regional Airport. It sounds as wicked as you might expect a 2,500-horsepower V8 engine to sound, and needs a parachute to effectively stop from the high speeds. Funnily enough, the Ford GT still uses a six-speed manual transmission to reach those speeds. For some context, the car had a 205 mph top speed from the factory.
Holy Fuck!
Home Of Warrior Publishing By Carol Lilja Finns där E-böcker finns och på www.amazon.com. samt Vikingens Kiosk & gatukök i Lindåsen
Ford Fiesta XR2i-90 (kan långt, långt mer än vad den får, enligt lag, potentiell körkortsänkeman), Busbilen #1 :twisted: :twisted: , Chrysler Concorde-95 (One and only i Sverige, flyttgodsare, full US-spec, saknar allt vad orange blinkers heter), skrattar åt allt vad svenska avgasvärden heter. :twisted:
Användarvisningsbild
Moparboy440
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Moparboy440 »

How can you make good ideas sound so bad? I'm an engineer!
Användarvisningsbild
Daniel-635
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av Daniel-635 »

Fyfasen, snacka om att bromsa i sista sekund !
Hade han börjat bromsa 1 sekund senare, hade han saknat 140m
Och troligen haft typ 150-200 km/h där asfalten tog slut :shock:

Gatbil skulle jag aldrig kalla den, men Ok mycket imponerande ändå !
Förr hade bilar fem hjul och fyra skärmar, nu är det tvärtom.

Min Youtubekanal https://www.youtube.com/user/daniel635biturbo
Användarvisningsbild
mattias
Admin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av mattias »

Jag tror han hade ruggigt bra koll på bromspunkten där.. :roll: :revs:
Mattias Säfsten (fd Sandgren)
Säljer, installerar, mappar och justerar motor-styrsystem och tillbehör.
Återförsäljare för MaxxECU, Link, ECU Master, VEMS, m.fl.
Nav-dyno och motor-bänk i Sävar vid E4.
Säljer, flödestestar och tvättar bränsle-spridare.
Skicka mail, PM eller ring vid intresse. Innehar F-skatt. Jobbar mest i norr.
Skriv svar