High Power Camshaft Recommendation

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
t8fanning
För lite laddtryck
Kontakt:

High Power Camshaft Recommendation

Inlägg av t8fanning »

Sorry for the post in English.

I've got a B230FT making right around 500hp at the wheels at 2 bar boost on a mix of pump gas and E85. I'd like to increase that to ~600-650hp at the wheels. My turbo is good enough for the power level I want, and I think my intake manifold and intercooler aren't causing too much of a problem. I think most of my VE limitations are in the head itself.

The cylinder head has 48mm intake valves and 40mm exhaust valves, but the camshaft is small. It's an RSI stage 3 from the US with the following specs:

Lift .490 - 12.44mm Total Duration: 392° .020 Duration: 288° .050 Duration: 240° Lobe Separation: 114°

I also think my combustion chamber isn't great, as the valves seem to be pretty shrouded (sorry for the bad picture):

Bild

From what I've read here, my valve size is excessive for the power I want, and my porting probably isn't the best. My question is what do you think will give me the most power gains? A camshaft swap or some improved combustion chamber porting?

What camshaft would you recommend for an 8 valve engine for 600-700hp?
Tate Fanning
Allx
För mycket laddtryck

Re: High Power Camshaft Recommendation

Inlägg av Allx »

The easiest way should be to just give it more boost. Try 3 bar?
t8fanning
För lite laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av t8fanning »

Yes, I will probably raise the boost a little. But it will really help if I can improve the flow through my head. I'm operating in a part of the compressor map that is very favorable, and I'd rather just increase flow rate through the engine without increasing boost. If I can do it easily with a camshaft swap, it would be worth it to me. If I can't, I'll just increase the boost.
Tate Fanning
Användarvisningsbild
Jens Gustavsson
Sävar Turbo Racing
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Jens Gustavsson »

if you like I can help you find the right race cam and cylinderhead modification. jens@savarturbo.se

more info like to how much more of the combination you run? turbo , fuel? rpm? turbo system, backpressur and what kind of racing?

mvh jens
t8fanning
För lite laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av t8fanning »

Thanks Jens! I sent you an email.
Tate Fanning
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

What intake do you have?
The F intake lowers the flow a lot and is a restriction.

Erland
Skriv svar