Bild
3rd main bearing.

Bild
2nd con rod bearing

Bild
4th con rod bearing and the con rod.

Bild
Bild
Intake valves have hit pistons in every cylinder. Great.
Manfred
För mycket laddtryck

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord

Inlägg av Manfred »

Time for the ls engine?
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Manfred skrev:Time for the ls engine?
I have thought about it and it would be very interesting, but I have other plans for the LS. Most likely I´ll drop it in good old 740 wagon.
I have to call to machinist today and ask if he has time to check the cylinder head. Hopefully it would be ok with intake valve change.
keme
Forumsberoende

Saabel Rekord & #BMWega

Inlägg av keme »

Ok maybe it is time for somekind of an update.

Short version:
Rekord is still not running. I have drove BMWega on the track.

Longer version:
Luckily engine needed just new crank shaft and 8 new intake valves. Even the con rods were OK even though 4th had got quite much heat from bearing. Dropped cylinder head to machinist and bought a 2.0 stock bottom end. Put them together and put in the engine bay. I booked dyno time for the end of the May. Then problems occured; Dyno operator broke his arm and couldn´t tune anything. I tried to look for tuner, but it was quite difficult to find one because it is already race season and July is holiday season. So, I haven´t done anything it in two months. Now the summer is over and I got thinking that maybe I should lift the temporary engine away and do the proper engine (again) and get it tuned in the winter.

In the summertime I have just drove with BMWega on the track. Total for this summer is 54 burnt tires. M52B28 is working still great and front axle angle mods have been super. Easy car to drive but it lacks a bit power. Maybe the quite stock engine is the reason why it has been running the whole summer with out any issues :) Participated even on the Opel Club Finland quarter mile event with it and drove 15.28/146kmh. Not fast but still fun. I even got time to make two videos from this Summer. Both are from Lapua track and I am going there also this weekend with BMWega to drive on Drift madness party. I just replaced old front shocks with cheap chinese coil overs and they are waaaay stiffer. I really hope these make the driving easier and angle change less violent (as can bee seen from the videos :D )

Youtube links to BMWega drift practising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPlj7flPivY&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLXbNZXQQWk&t
keme
Forumsberoende

#BMWega

Inlägg av keme »

Visited on grassroots drift event called Drift Madness with #BMWega and made a short video of it.

https://youtu.be/T-c-BLkiGvg
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Started to work with Saabel Rekord again. Yanked off the temporary engine. The plan is to put forged 2.3 internals to this block and then get it dynoed. Again.

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild

Got the engine pulled apart. Next I´ll drop block to machinist for skimming and boring. Also I am going to put in Saab piston pins instead of Wössner products, because Saab piston pins are thicker. Should get the block back next week and get the bottom end assembled.

That bottom end had quite interesting history. It was bone stock 2.0 and has got serious beating; dynoed 666hp, rev´d up to 8200rpm and made ~300kmh at standing mile. Surprisingly all the bearings, and everything else also, looked OK.

http://www.serioussaab.co.uk/articles_p ... ibute.html
David Herbertsson
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av David Herbertsson »

Nice to see you working on the Rekord again!
I fell sorry for your engine trouble, but I hope it will work out well this time and that you get to drive and race it alot next year :thumbright:
Good power from that engine!

/David
Camaro Turbo.
http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=52292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kadett C Turbo.
http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=86085
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Manfred skrev:Time for the ls engine?
Now the time has come. I give up with the Saab engine. I just can´t get it working.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hH6zTBub8/

Bild

Bild
turbodart
För mycket laddtryck

Re: Saabel Garage; Saabel Rekord V8

Inlägg av turbodart »

much better, fits like stock! :D
Daniel Krüger
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

It fits surprisingly well!

Got the engine disassembled and there was no surprises inside.

Bild

Bild

Bild
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Washed parts before taking them to machinist. Owen cleaner and hot water pressure washer for the win!

Bild

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Steve
Steve, inte Stiiiv

Inlägg av Steve »

You will never want to have another engine :)

Really simple to work with
Evighetsprojekten
If it has tits or wheels it will give you problems
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Bild
Engine got much cleaner on the inside :D

Bild
Slight porting due bigger intake valves. Changed 1.89" valves to 2.02". 2.02" are stock Corvette valves :D

Bild
Intake valve fit is very snug.

Bild

Bild

All in all engine was quite worn out. Had to change valve guides, valves, rocker arms, pushrods, skim the heads, cam bearings and piston rings + bearings. Got LS6 valve springs and GM performance 219/228 & .525/.525 cam. Small cam but works with those baby springs and got it with reasonable price.
keme
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av keme »

Got the exhaust pipe done. Welded 2.5" V-bands to exhaust manifolds and made 2x 2.5" -> 3.5" collector. Looks quite ghetto, but hopefully it works :D

Bild
Bild
Skriv svar