Camshaft choice for B21 with TB41 turbocharger

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
Användarvisningsbild
Stefan Ingi Jonsson
Lite mer laddtryck

Re: Camshaft choice for B21 with TB41 turbocharger

Inlägg av Stefan Ingi Jonsson »

mattias skrev: mån dec 13, 2021 2:15 pm You should consider upgrading the pump to Walbros later turbine pump (GST450) instead, that will get you the flow you need to have some margin.

Distributor axle is gear driven by the intermediate shaft which is belt driven from the crank. There is usually not a huge issue on the Volvo but an improvement would be the standard flywheel 60-2 trigger.

I would advice you to get boost control working, it makes a huge difference. It's better to run the engine where it wants to produce torque instead of retarding timing for the wrong reason.
I agree that the GST450 is a better fit for the setup, I will replace it at first opportunity.

I didn't realize that the distributor sensor signal would be a problem however I will probably take my chances on that.

I have a boost control solenoid for MS2 that I have not installed, I will consider that.

Thank you for the advice Mattias! :thumbright:
Användarvisningsbild
Stefan Ingi Jonsson
Lite mer laddtryck

Inlägg av Stefan Ingi Jonsson »

mattias skrev: sön dec 12, 2021 10:21 am Where the N/A engine makes the maximum torque is where it will be most susceptible to knock (4-5 krpm) and let that decide how much boost it can handle at that point and ramp it up from there. That should be maybe 500 Nm on 98 RON, unless you employ methods for charge cooling.
Can I use water/methanol injection that is controlled with boost pressure to run more boost safely?

For example the AEM 3300 V3.
Användarvisningsbild
mattias
Admin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av mattias »

Sure, it helps a lot.
Mattias Säfsten (fd Sandgren)
Säljer, installerar, mappar och justerar motor-styrsystem och tillbehör.
Återförsäljare för MaxxECU, Link, ECU Master, VEMS, m.fl.
Nav-dyno och motor-bänk i Sävar vid E4.
Säljer, flödestestar och tvättar bränsle-spridare.
Skicka mail, PM eller ring vid intresse. Innehar F-skatt. Jobbar mest i norr.
Skriv svar