b230 problems.

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Re: b230 problems.

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

ok, so , i can change to a 530 head, i can get the E intake with out too much of a problem and the 530 to go with it.

If i do the chambers to match the 531 style, and i take a bit from behind the valves??? skim it 2mm and get maybe a H cam? Would i get lots of torque out of that?
psa
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av psa »

It depends on what fuelinjection you will run, and gearbox as well. There's no point in chasing a little bit of extra power at the top if you lose the curve below.
If you don't have the flow to support the power you'll end up over caming the engine to make top end power, the system has to work together or you'll lose to much when you shift gear.
E intake will flow more and will work with both heads, 530 needs more work to flow good and will never flow as good as 531, but if you need the flow for your build might be another matter.
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

well, the engine is on a is200 6 speed gearbox, it has a 5.0:1 diff in it, and runs 15" wheels with 205/65/15 forest tyres. At the moment i have the F type injection but i can get teh E type not a problem. I want it to pull low down, and not be a revvy type of engine.

Id like around 180 bhp and +++ LBS of torque.

I had a m44b19 engine in the car at first and that was 180 bhp and 160 lbs, it was a revy engine, i want this to be more powerful.
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

That cam is no good for an engine with ++++ torque, especially if you can not build long separate intake runners.
Is it possible to use E-85 as fuel? That is what i would try if i had to stick to it, and combined with high compression (over 15:1)
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

the rallies i do are long maybe 200 km in a night, so we have available 99ron fuel, and at the fuel stops maybe the 99 or maybe 95 depending., i can run a fuel additive . 15:1!!! wow! really?

so please then , ive got a nice b230A bottom end, as in rebuild and new rings etc. What head should i run, what should i i do to it, and run the B230E inlet?

I dont mind spending now, i mean if an Enem cam is the one to get ill buy it.
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

E-85 will give two good things, first it will alter the tuning frequency in exhaust to a lower revolution (because of lower temp. in exhaust)
Also, it will stand that high compression ratio (petrol will not)
Both the above factors should help your "mismatched" cam.

It will also cool the incoming charge, which should be another good thing when runners is restricting (preferably, combined with injectors in the beginning of inlet runner)

If you choose, not to use bigger buckets, this cam seems to work quite well:
AGAP R33-264-14.0

With bigger buckets you can choose a more "mechanically" aggressive cam and that will give you a little more torque. (quicker valve-opening/closing is good for torque)
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

i just looked more into what e85 is and we dont get it in the uk!

i do have the solid lifters, or solid buckets? as i say, im not after the 1/2 measure, i want the power, but i am restricted to what i can do!

AGAP R33-264-14.0 who makes that?
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

http://www.agap.se/

If you have"full" buckets maybe one of theese cams work:

R37-267-15.3 or 258-14.6

If you are allowed to move the injectors it will help power to put them in the beginning of runner. (more so, with alcohol fuels but a little with petrol)
Användarvisningsbild
JE Jr
För mycket laddtryck
Kontakt:

Inlägg av JE Jr »

Do you have a link to the rules?
Boost -> break -> fix -> repeat.
-740 Sport på Garaget-
-S70 Bruksis på Garaget-
psa
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av psa »

bmw2101 skrev: fre feb 19, 2021 11:17 pm the rallies i do are long maybe 200 km in a night, so we have available 99ron fuel, and at the fuel stops maybe the 99 or maybe 95 depending., i can run a fuel additive . 15:1!!! wow! really?

so please then , ive got a nice b230A bottom end, as in rebuild and new rings etc. What head should i run, what should i i do to it, and run the B230E inlet?

I dont mind spending now, i mean if an Enem cam is the one to get ill buy it.
I would stay away from the B230A, I believe all of them were made 88a and earlier (came 85), they are not the most reliable design. They do work as long as they work, but I would only spend time/money on the second generation B230 that came 88b.
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

well it has later rods in it, and it has 3cc pistons, not the larger ones fitted to other engines. I had forgotten about the rods! I havent heard of agap before, are their cams better or the same as the enem ones?

the rules;

18.2.Vehicle engines must have:
18.2.1.A maximum of four cylinders.
18.2.2.A maximum of two carburettor chokes (two single or one double).
18.2.3.A maximum of one camshaft per bank of cylinders.
18.2.4.Engines with more than one camshaft per bank of cylinders may be used providing that they were originally fittedwith fuel injection and that the fuel injection system complete with plenum chamber and throttle body is retained unmodified.
18.2.5.For diesel and petrol engines under 1500cc actual capacity, forced induction is permitted providing that thecomplete original induction system is retained unmodified,other than the replacement of the air filter element.
18.3.1.Fuel injection may be fitted where it was standard equipment by the manufacturer for that engine type and wherethe original plenum chamber and throttle body is retained for that engine type.
whilliam
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av whilliam »

What about a destroked prince-engine BMW/Mini/PSA, they are 1.6litre twin scroll turbo and could easily give you 200+bhp and 250 Pounds of torque?
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

well yes i could do that, but i dont want to go down that route. I have the volvo engine int he car and id just like it to work. It could be done i think though!
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

i made this today, it was a kl racing manifold it is 45-50mm, need to put a flange ont eh bottom and try it on the car!

CLICK HERE

i hope this will make things a bit better
psa
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av psa »

I take it as you have to have the correct EFI manifold for the injection that you're running. But "plenum" part suggests that the runners could be changed/modified possibly.
The stock E manifold will flow more, and I believe some of the K-jetronic systems could flow enough fuel for +190hp (a lot more with modifications). The distributor can be modified pretty easily for a better ignition curve.
LH2.4 can on the other hand be mapped, injector changed easily, etc. But that intake manifold is not flowing very well, not sure if someone here have actual numbers.
I think you should check what you are allowed to do, if you can mix parts etc.

Forgot that the A engine was made and exported after they stopped selling them here, so you could be right.
Skriv svar