why is my engine not powerful?

Diskussioner för erfaret folk
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Re: why is my engine not powerful?

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

quattro skrev: fre aug 11, 2023 2:13 pm
He runs an Enem C2 camshaft which spec-wise is a significant step away from the T5 in the direction of the old B20 R-cam. The C2 has a duration of 292 degrees with inlet opening at 43 and closing at 69. Lobe separation is 103. Lift 13,9 (1 mm more than the T5). It will increase mid-range torque over the T5. The earlier closing of the inlet will also increase dynamic compression which would be beneficial to your engine. https://enem.se/produkter.asp Go to page 2 and scroll down half a page.
If it's installed in a slightly advanced position mid-range should increase still a little bit more.
he runs a agap cam ! i cant find the c2 cam, i only get one in the list

i compression tested my car today it was 125psi x4...

my plan is to use the kjet inlet, cast exhaust manifold, and a camshaft.

Kg do that R cam it says its

VALVE LIFT 11,6
NOCK ANGLE 102°
DURATION 287°

not as much lift as i have, but i think that would increase my compression a lot.
Matti johansson
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av Matti johansson »

C2 is a very good camshaft for standard cam followers, not for superhighrev, about 7k i think. numbers on c2 below.
but it will get expensive to ship, thou it costs around 5k sek today in sweden.
since you have an tunable injection bump up the compression to 12,5 or something.
a good rallyengine historic in sweden will run down to 24-26 degrees and over 13:1 on 98okt.

i think a volvo headgasket is around 1,2mm compressed!

do flat pistons and turn down the block so the piston turns 0,4mm over deck.
15-16 deg on idle and you will get good respons on engine.
it will probaly be a bit thumpy, but thats just nice!!....

Volvo B21/23 C2: 292/104/13.9/4.6
Information

292/292/103/105/13.9/13.9/4.6/4.2/ 0.40

// Matti
quattro
Forumsberoende

Inlägg av quattro »

he runs a agap cam ! i cant find the c2 cam, i only get one in the list

It seems you might not have watched the video clip I posted https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0wGhKW_Pipk
If not, pls go ahead and do it. In it, Kyle Eisenbach very clearly states that "this is a high compression engine with an ENEM C2 camshaft".
The car is a Volvo 142 painted orange.
The video is called "General Leif V4.0 started. 12/2017."

Here´s a similar video called "General Leif v4.1 started! 3/18" https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vlVf32Vkz24
In it Kyle says: "ENEM C2 camshaft LH 214 Start # 2"
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

quattro skrev: lör sep 02, 2023 2:53 pm he runs a agap cam ! i cant find the c2 cam, i only get one in the list
Ah he used to run the c2, now the agap cam..

since typing the question recently, i have started to strip my engine, i compression tested it first and i had 100-125-125-100 psi! the bores are glazed, when i stripped the engine originally, i got water in the engine from a leaky roof. Anyway, so i will build a new bottom end, i think its a b230E engine i have but nto 100% sure, i think the pistons are 6cc.

What i was wondering is could i skim the pistons so they are flat, and then skim the block some?

Before stripping the engine, i had done a rally, i didnt know there was damage. the car absolutely flew, so i think my dream of more than 160 bhp can be written off. The t5 cam worked very well to be fair, pulling up very steep hills it did struggle a little bit, but then i think my engine was stronger than anyone else that night, so im ok with it.

I just would like to know what compression to work towards with it, what size of chambers and piston etc.

thanks for all the help and reading!
Erland Cox
Topplocks-guru
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Erland Cox »

The stock F intake is restricting you.

Erland
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

Erland Cox skrev: sön okt 01, 2023 4:44 pm The stock F intake is restricting you.

Erland
thankyou, i have sorted another inlet that will hopefully give em the power im looking for. I wish i was in sweden the b230 engine is so good.
bmw2101
För mycket laddtryck

Inlägg av bmw2101 »

SO! i thought id post about my car, and where it is at. It turns out, the k-jet manifold is legal with injectors welded into it for our road rallying. I bought a manifold from viking fabrications in the uk here, i think many will know of this guy reading.

Bild

a few bits to do yet, changed to the ally front pulley with a V belt over the flat one i had before that drove all the ancillaries. I cant wait to get it started up and see if it does finally makes more power!
Skriv svar